Things you can do.
Organize a Signs Up DisplayNeed logo? and wording
Burst Bubble ZonesStill need wording and icon
Support your local pregnancy care center
Support vulnerable pregnant women and new moms in your community! Pregnancy care centers are the best way to reach those you might not otherwise be able to support.
- Find out where your closest pregnancy care center is located
- Call them to find out what they need – diapers, clothing, gas and grocery gift cards…
- Arrange a time to drop off a donation
Visit our “Choose Life, We’ve Got Your Back” campaign page for more ideas and a shopping list!
Contact your local representativeThere are many ways to contact your MP, MPP, or MLA.
- In-person or via Zoom meeting. This is the most effective way to build a relationship, face to face. Contact your representative’s office by phone or email to set up a meeting.
- Phone call. You will likely talk to a staffer at your representative’s office, but the message will be passed on.
- Email. Great for regular engagement. Send an email when you want to comment on a particular issue, but also send a brief note of encouragement or a holiday message at other times of the year to help establish a relationship. Our SimpleMail tool is a great way to get started with this.
Sign a Petition
For every 25 signatures on an official paper petition, an MP can introduce the petition in Parliament. This brings continued government attention to pro-life issues.
Petitions vary depending on current issues. To learn about available petitions, follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter for updates.
Want to start your own petition? Read the House of Commons petition guidelines
Arrange a meeting with your MP to drop off a filled petition. Discuss the issue and why it matters to you. Even if your MP does not support the petition, they are duty-bound to present petitions from people in their riding.
Invite us to do a presentationDo you run a pro-life group, or want to introduce We Need a Law to your school or church group? We have a variety of presentations available for different age groups including:
- Pro-life 101
- Sex Selective Abortion
- The Abortion Pill
- International Standards Law
Organize a Flag Display
- Scout out a good location. You want good visibility from traffic, pedestrians, or both.
- Measure the space – do you want to do 1,000 flags, 10,000 flags, or 100,000 flags?
- Contact us to see when the flags are available in your area ([email protected])
- Choose a date and apply for an event permit with your city.
- Recruit volunteers! You’ll want approximately 5 volunteers per 1000 flags
- Contact us for promotional materials and support – we will work with you to get you a flag display kit that includes banners, lawn signs, and postcards and brochures for distribution.
Write a letter to the editorA great way to keep the conversation going in your community! Your local paper will include information on where/how to submit a letter to the editor. Here are some tips:
- Focus on one issue only. Keep it clear and short – only 200-250 words.
- If you are responding to a current news story or article, note this in your email subject line when sending the letter (For example: Letter to the editor re: story on pregnancy care centers)
- Remove non-essential words such as “I think” or “I believe.” Just state the facts.
- Start your email with a brief introduction followed by your name, city, and daytime phone number.
- Include your letter in the body of your email, not as an attachment.
- If your letter doesn’t get published the first time, don’t be discouraged! They receive many letters each week, so please keep trying.